Altura Collaborative (‘Altura, ‘We’, ‘Us’ and ‘Our’) takes data protection very seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains how we collect, use and handle any personal information collected from you when you use our website at www.altura.com and our mobile app, which collectively are our “Services”.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding personal data and how we will treat it. By using our Services, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our professional network exists to help our members and users to advance and develop their careers, educational attainment and to find career opportunities. With this goal in mind, we may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you or relating to you:
- if you register to become a user of our Services;
- if you send Us a message through our Services or correspond with Us by telephone in writing or otherwise;
- as you visit web pages on our website or use our app;
- if you subscribe to one of our Services;
- participate in a discussion board or other social media functions on our Services;
- if you enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- if you report a problem to us; and
- from any of your activities in connection with your use of our Services.
- Before you can access and use all of our Service’s features and services, you must register to become a user of our Services.
To register, we ask that you provide certain personal information, which generally includes: your name, address, phone number, email address, academic record and profile picture (in order to customize your experience), a username and a password created by you. You may also elect to upload materials to your profile that include personal information. Please do not post or add personal data to your profile that you do not want to be publicly available.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Services, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, your ISP and/or mobile carrier, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, your location (if you are accessing the Services from a mobile device (note that most mobile devices will allow you to prevent location data from being sent to us));
- information about your visits, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) to, through and from which you access our Service (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to contact us.
Security of Your Personal Information
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor our systems and Services for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Third Party Websites
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means.
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Services. The information that may be collected automatically includes your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our website, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and information about your use of and actions on the Services, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access. Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites and mobile applications.
On our webpages, this information is collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “ LSOs”), Flash-based LSOs (also known as “ Flash cookies”), web beacons, and similar technologies, and our emails may also contain web beacons.
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Browser web storage or LSOs, are used for similar purposes as cookies. Browser web storage enables the storage of a larger amount of data than cookies. A “web beacon,” also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, is typically used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails and to compile statistics about usage of our websites.
We may also use Flash LSO on our website to collect and store information about your use of our website. Unlike cookies, Flash LSOs cannot be removed or rejected via your browser settings. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer or mobile device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with our website.
Web browsers may offer users of our websites the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites may not function correctly.
Your access to Your Personal Information
You are entitled to know what personal information we hold about you. You are also entitled to update or correct your personal information. If you would like to contact us in relation to your personal information, please email email@example.com
How We Use Your Personal Information
To operate the Services. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve our Services
- provide information about our products and Services
- establish and maintain your user profile on our Services
- facilitate social features of our Services, such as by identifying and suggesting connections with other users of the Services and providing chat or messaging functionality
- communicate with you about our Services, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- communicate with you about events or contests in which you participate
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with our Services and our communications
- provide support and maintenance for our Services
- to respond to your requests, questions and feedback
- For research and development. We analyze use of the Services to analyze and improve the Services and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Services.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may send you Altura related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the opt out of marketing section below.
To comply with law. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity;
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous data. We may create anonymous data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and promote our business.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
In addition, your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit our, or our partners’, ability to engage in ad tracking or targeted advertising using the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising associated with your mobile device.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit www.allaboutdnt.com .
Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Services to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our services. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Services by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International Data Transfers
We are headquartered in the United States, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
Retaining Personal Information
The criteria We use for retaining different types of personal data, includes the following:
- General queries: When you make an enquiry or contact us by email or telephone, we will retain your information for as long as necessary to respond to your queries. After this period, we will not hold your personal data for longer than 1 year if we have not had any active subsequent contact with you.
- Membership data: Which will generally include your name, address, phone number, email address, academic record, profile picture and personal website, a username and a password created by you.
- Deactivate Account: We will retain your information for as long as your account is in a deactivated state, but your account will not be accessible from our website or app. If you wish to have your account permanently deleted. Please email email@example.com
- Account Deletion: We will remove all personal identifiable data belonging to you within 30 days of receiving your request to delete.
- Direct marketing: Where we hold your personal data on our database for direct marketing purposes will retain your information for as long as we have your explicit consent.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If We become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
NOTE: European Standards not included.