Altura is a space where ambition and vulnerability are essential. We’re here to foster conversations that are helpful,
informative, and fun – and ask for your support by championing our community guidelines.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
We’re really glad you’re here and know you’ll facilitate great conversations in our community! While excited to hear about the great work you’re doing, don’t make it all about you. When creating content, keep it professional, relevant, and on-topic. Shared information should create a two-way dialogue and give back in a meaningful way.
Our moderators will remove inappropriate content when we see it. If we miss something, elevate it to us. Be specific about what you like and/or don’t like about a post. Support moderators by being respectful and not reacting to rudeness. We’re a small team of dedicated, caring humans working hard to make things better.
To keep our platform a safe, trusted and professional place:
Be trustworthy. Our members must be real people, who provide their real name and accurate information about
themselves. We don’t allow fake profiles and it’s not okay to provide misleading or deceptive information about yourself,
your qualifications, work experience, affiliations, or achievements. We don’t allow multiple accounts per user. Using a
disposable email address signals that you might not be here for the right reasons.
Be professional. Here are things that will get comments or forum posts removed and quite possibly get you banned:
- Spam: If it comes from a human or a robot, it will be deleted.
- Personal attacks: Don’t attack or insult another member. It’s not helpful and it doesn’t make Altura a friendly place.
- Doxxing: Don’t reveal someone else’s personal information.
- Illegal activities: Posting links to illegal downloads, ways to steal service, and other nefarious activity is not OK here.
- NSFW Material: Even images or links that could be considered borderline are not acceptable. Anything beyond PG-13 will be removed, including content that is sexual or suggestive, or encourages or incites violence.
- Racism, sexism, and other forms of bigotry: Attacking entire classes of people is just like attacking a single person: we’ll ban you for it.
- Trolling: If you’re abusing the good conversations here, we’ll take your comments and posts down. This includes taking threads off-topic.
- Spreading misinformation: This isn’t a platform for spreading conspiracy theories or misinformation. We’ll remove posts promoting obvious falsehoods.
- Commenting on someone’s physical appearance, voice, or style: Let’s keep discussion to the content, please. Even if you’re writing what you consider a compliment, it will be removed.
- Cross posting: Don’t make duplicate posts across different forums — it clogs things up and fractures the conversation.
During beta, we’ll be deleting content that doesn’t fit within our guidelines. We will develop tools that allow the community to moderate by flagging inappropriate or spammy behavior. If we see the same people routinely causing problems, you may be asked to leave the community.
Altura Collaborative does not conduct criminal background or identity verification checks on its users. Use your best judgment when engaging with others. Although Altura encourages a respectful user experience, it is not responsible for the conduct of any user on or off the platform. Use caution in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off the platform or meet in person.